Did you know:
1. Norman’s Salvation Army serves more than 854 meals to the public on average in a month?
2. The Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club is averaging more than 100 children a day at the Summer Kids Camp?
3. Both the Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club and Canadian County Service Center are approved to be a Kids’ Cafe in August through the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, allowing them to make sure even more youth are being provided nutritious meals.
4. The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma Social Services provides more than 2,000 food boxes to hungry families each month.
5. The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma went door to door to provide food to 55 people following the tornado May 24 in El Reno.
6. Of the homeless families in the Family and Men’s Shelter, 62 percent moved to permanent housing in May.
7. Every day, over 100 senior citizens are provided nutritious lunches at The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma’s four senior centers.
8. The Salvation Army provided 200 fans already this summer to seniors, the disabled, the chronically ill and those with infants to help prevent heat-related injuries
9. The Salvation Army hosted a foot care clinic for diabetic seniors; repairs for hearing aids, wheelchairs and walkers; and an education class on tinitis and hearing aids.
10. The Red Shield Kitchen provided 5,575 meals in the month of May.