Mondays are hard enough as it is, so why not swing by The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma Area Command’s mobile canteen Monday morning for free coffee, donuts and a little bit of Salvation Army history.
May 14 to 20 is National Salvation Army Week, and in Central Oklahoma, you can join in with fun events and learn all about how you too can be a part of helping more than 130,000 neediest citizens in Central Oklahoma.
National Salvation Army Week gives us the opportunity to share with you our mission in Oklahoma and around the world. It’s also our way to say thanks to all the volunteers, donors and supporters who help The Salvation Army feed, shelter and provide a hopeful future to those in the most need.
HERE’S OUR EVENTS FOR NEXT WEEK! You are invited to come one, come all!
Monday, May 14:
* FREE COFFEE & DONUTS from 7 to 9 a.m. at the Oklahoma City Community Foundation lot located at NW 10th and Broadway in downtown Oklahoma City. Drive up and we’ll give you a sweet treat and a cup o’ joe to get your week started right. See what our Emergency Disaster Canteen looks like and say hi!
* Norman Corps Parent and Youth Banquet at 318 E. Hayes to highlight the youth activities and summer camp in Norman. Events start at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 16:
* ICE CREAM SOCIAL and OPEN HOUSE at The Salvation Army Warr Acres Senior Center. Did you know that The Salvation Army has FIVE senior centers in Oklahoma City? During lunch on Wednesday, you can pop by for a tour and ice cream social at The Warr Acres Senior Center, located at 4301 N. Ann Arbor.
Thursday, May 17:
* Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast – at 8 a.m. Thursday at The Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club, 2808 SE 44th. Join us for a fully-catered breakfast and a celebration of The Salvation Army volunteers. Do you know someone who has volunteered for us in the past year? Invite them! Honors, awards and thanks go to everyone!
* Norman Corps Women and Men’s Ministry cook out! Come by for some grilled goodies and learn more about how you can be a part of the ministry at 318 E. Hayes.
The Salvation Army Central Oklahoma will be open to YOU every day for tours of our facility. If you’ve ever been curious about our services, our volunteer opportunities or how we accomplish the mission of “Doing the Most Good,” please call Heide at 405-246-1100 to have a tour!
So, how do you “Do the Most Good” within your local community or around the world? We’d like to hear from our supporters, including volunteers, employees, and fans and followers on social media, how you volunteer and help your communities.